Whoa, it’s been a while!
These past few weeks, I have been…
– hibernating. It turns out me being sick so frequently over the last months is probably due to some minor health issues wreaking havoc with my immune system. Nothing serious, but a real dent in my energy levels has taken its toll on sewing and knitting output.
– reading a thick novel called “The Invisible Mountain”, and enjoying it very much.
– serging along with my new serger! My first project, which you may recognize as the Amerson undies, was a bit of a bust (seriously, trash-can next). The color/fabric combination I chose might not be the best, but this just looks like a puffy boxing costume on me. I may have gotten a little excited and rushed through, so I’ll try one more time with presicion. I’m have a feeling this might not be a flattering style on me though, unfortunately.
– noticing colors, from increadible sunset to black & mint nails after a pirate party, and chalk-decorated stairs.
– planning a dress to wear to a wedding in Ireland this fall. For years I’ve wanted to copy this evening dress from the 30s from one of Janet Arnold’s very thorough Patterns of Fashion-books. Now seems to be the time! I did a quick drape to start, and I’m looking forward to getting started on this!